Today this beautiful old house, filled with antiques, shows the original fluted woodwork in the eleven low rooms, the original broad-board pine floors, and the graceful stair-rail of butternut.West Road, Constableville Jonathan Collins was one of the most outstanding figures in northern New York history, and his house on the West road in West Turin is one of the oldest and most historic in Lewis county.His independent religious ideas, however, necessitated his leaving Connecticut for northern New York.Jonathan Collins was born at Wallingford, Connecticut, May 3 1735.The Noble, Barrows, Sykes and Barnes were among Canton's prominent early families.Dr William Noble, Canton's first physician, owned much upper Main and Park Street lands.
When Governor Flower was born Reverend Mr Pettibone was located in Theresa.
On June 20 1829 Dr Noble sold Prosper Barrows an acre of land in the locale of this house for .
Deacon Prosper Barrows, who was a village president between 18 was a son of Aaron and Huldah Langdon Barrows who came from Dorset, Vermont, in 1814.
There, for some years after the chartering June 29 1804 of Farmers lodge, No.
101 F & A M, Turin, of which he was master, Masonic meetings were held in the big upstairs ballroom, and on St John's Day a fine dinner was served there to members.